Name:
Location: Western Girl, Southern Land, United States

Friday, February 17, 2006

The Cutest Boy in the South!


I would like to introduce you all to one of my favorite people in the whole world, baby David. This picture was taken several months ago, and as you can tell he was a little suprised by the flash! Isn't he the cutest!

I know I already wrote today, but oh well. I just felt like writing. I feel good; and I haven't felt that way in quite some time. I feel like there is finally a glimmer of sunlight peaking through the haze, and it's beautiful. I'm starting to remember what my enemy has fought long and hard for me to forget, that I am loved. Not just affectionately or even deeply by others, as important as that is, but I am loved at the core of who I am. Deep down inside where all the beauty and the mess (thank you Nickel Creek for the phrase) meld into one I am loved; wholely, completely and unconditionally. It gives me such hope to say that, and even more to know that it is true. As much as I doubt it at times, I am valuable, a unique and precious creation formed in the image of my Holy God. Isn't that an amazing truth! He loves me, He loves me, He loves me, He loves me! I am discovering more and more what that truly means, it is as simple as "Jesus loves me this I know, for the Bible tells me so," and yet it is infinitely deeper and more complex, more so than I will ever be able to understand.

I was a little down one day and I was watching a movie, I can't remember now what it was but it was a mushy one (I love those!), and I saw how completely in love the hero was with the heroine, it was breathtaking. It just made you cry to see how he saw her, he didn't idealize or catagorize her, he saw her, and he loved her. That lead my melancholy self to think "I wish someone loved me like that. Why don't I have that? I want to be seen, and loved." Then it hit me, thank you Holy Spirit, I am. No one on this earth, no matter how close, will ever know me as my Great Lover, Jesus Christ. And no one will ever love me as me does. I saw in that moment a glimpse of the greatness of His love, and it continues to astound me.
Dear friends (I sound like Beth Moore!), I pray that each of you will come to know and to grow in your understanding of the expanse of His love for you. It's more than words can say, even though I use alot! If you don't know my Jesus, let me tell you, you are missing the greatest love story ever, your own. Fall into him, I have tried Him and found Him to be truly faithful and trustworthy. When everyone, and I mean almost everyone I trusted in this world turned against me, He was there. Even when I blamed Him and turned away in anger, He was there with open arms. And you know what else, when I came back, He didn't scold me or turn from me; He held me as I cried, and He cried with me. He is a "man of sorrows and acquainted with grief," lay your heart out to Him, it's safe in His care.

KJV Jude 1:24 "Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, 25 To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen."